Tuesday 25 January 2011

Back to the drawing board

My attempts to capture birds in flight at the woods this morning were not entirely successful (understatement of the week). Even with a shutter speed of 1/1250th I could not freeze the wing movements of the nuthatch. With the ISO already at 1600 and shooting at f/8 to get enough depth of field I could have done with a bit more light - two stops would have been nice. The IR remote release works really well so it was not all wasted time and I'm a step further up the learning curve.

The usual suspects were on the scene. 

Managed to capture with a nice clean background


One has to admire the ingenuity of these guys as they prize nuts and seeds from the feeders
I visited my friend Neil on the Romney Marsh this afternoon and took a walk along the Royal Military Canal at West Hythe on the way - most pleasant.

I was further cheered to hear on the radio on the way home that Andy Gray has been sacked by Sky Sports - RESULT (After all is said and done, he is to punditry what Phil Collins is to music). Let's hope that 'wednap' junior doesn't take over . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment